Wednesday, March 02, 2005

underneath the radar: week eleven

What a great week. Loved airing my Prosaics interview, playing delicious tracks & analysing everything. Admittedly I was on a high after managing to interview singer Murray Lightburn from the Dears! Many thanks go out to David Benge for organising everything. What a thrilling afternoon, one I won't forget for a fair while! Expect the chat to be broadcast in the coming weeks, hopefully by then I'll be able to describe the experience with some coherency... ok maybe not.

In other news, much love and gratitude goes out to uksuperfanboy Adam who managed to chase up Art Brut's Eddie Argos after their gig and ask him for an interview on Music is My Radar! Man, way to impress El, my god! So fantastic, love Art Brut. If you don't know these guys, do endeavour to check out artbrut.org.uk. I'm all for serious bands and all but there are few artists that can make me grin like Eddie Argos does. So funny.

12:51 is the time my voice found the words i sought

Uni started again today so that can only mean that the original prototype for Music is My Radar, Cassettes and Chocolate Milk is back on Latrobe's SUB FM each Wednesday afternoon from 1pm. The C&C Milk Factory is a bit different to Radar so if you like the show, I suggest you listen online on the SUB website!

Playlist for Feb 28th
Pink Grease - Strip
The Strokes - 12:51
The Faint - Typing 1974-2048
The Jam - This is the Modern World
Art Brut - Modern Art
Elle Milano - Ooo Beyoncé Baby
Sunshine Trash - Velvet Suicide
Prosaics - Teeth/Crawling
Gang of Four - Natural's Not It
Dears - 22: Death of All Romance
Bloc Party - Always New Depths
Morrissey - The World is Full of Crashing Bores (live)
Prosaics - Failure/Now the Shadow of the Column
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (live)
Noel Gallagher & the Stereophonics - I'm Only Sleeping
One Giant Leap - My Culture
Prosaics - Tenants
Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again
Morrissey - Suedehead
Blur - Clover Over Dover
The Bravery - Out of Line
Phantom Planet - Lonely Day

Coming Up: Talks with Cause & Effect, The Dears & Moving Units!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home